Make a Freedom of Information Request
When Making An FOI Request, please ensure that you follow these steps:
- State that your request is being made under the Freedom of Information Act 2014
- Ensure your request is clear and specific, as it must be possible to identify the records which you are requesting by taking reasonable steps
- State in which format you wish to receive any records released (e.g. photocopies, by email etc.)
- Include your contact information in your request (full name, postal or email address and telephone number)
- If you are seeking records containing your personal information, ensure that you submit a copy of appropriate identification (e.g. passport, drivers licence or government issued identification card)
- Once you have made an FOI request to the Central Bank, all correspondence will quote a unique reference code. Please ensure you quote this reference code in all correspondence relating to your request, including any relevant payment.
Please note: requests must be submitted in writing, and cannot be accepted by phone.
You may use our application form to submit your request by email or by post. Please contact us if you would like to be sent a hard copy of this application form.
- Email: Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Send a letter to: The Freedom of Information Unit, Central Bank of Ireland, PO Box 559, Dame Street, Dublin 2, D02 P656
There is no fee for making a Freedom of Information request.
However, a fee may be payable for the time finding records related to the request, and for costs incurred in providing you with the records (e.g. photocopying). Find out more about these fees.
Queries About Making A Freedom of Information Request
Our frequently asked questions might answer some questions you have about how to make a Freedom of Information request.
If you have remaining queries about how to make a request, you can contact our Freedom of Information Unit:
- Call us at: +353 (0)1 224 6096
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Write to us at: The Freedom of Information Unit, Central Bank of Ireland, PO Box 559, Dame Street, Dublin 2, D02 P656, Ireland.