The Central Bank of Ireland (the “Central Bank”) is the Competent Authority responsible for the administration and enforcement of the EU Sanctions against the Financing of Terrorism and Oppressive Regimes (EU Financial Sanctions) in Ireland. As part of its role the Central Bank issues notifications and alerts by e-mail regarding EU financial sanctions. This service is free and participation is mandatory for all regulated entities, however subscription is also open to any other interested party.
E-mails are circulated periodically and contain details of relevant legislative developments in relation to EU financial sanctions. Please note that e-mails are not always sent on the entering into force of any legislation and you will separately need to keep yourself informed of new developments.
There are two versions of this service offered by the Central Bank. One version is for the use of regulated entities only and the other is for any other interested parties including members of the public. You should only subscribe to the former if you are acting in an official capacity on behalf of a regulated entity. Descriptions of these systems are outlined below together with links to the relevant subscription facilities.
Subscription to the email notification facility is mandatory for all regulated entities. Recipients are required to respond to each circular by following the relevant instructions within the mails themselves.
- Subscribing: Regulated entities should subscribe here and fill out the on-page form. Alternatively you can also access the relevant web-page by selecting the "Email Capture System" option from the drop-down list on the right of this page.
- Amending an entry: For Regulated entities the easiest method of amending a subscription is to submit your new details via the subscription page here. You will need to ensure you use the relevant institution code so the system can identify the correct details to replace. You can amend any of your details this way with the exception of your institution code. If your institution code has changed please contact us directly by following the details at the foot of this page.
- Unsubscribing: If, for any reason, you believe that you should no longer be subscribed to our notifications please contact us directly by following the details at the foot of this page
All Other Interested Parties
A general subscription service is available for all other interested parties including members of the public. These email notifications are for information purposes only.
- Subscribing: If you would like to subscribe for sanctions alerts please click here. You will need to submit an email address in the box provided.
- Amending your subscription and unsubscribing: You can unsubscribe by clicking here. You must submit the email address which you wish to unsubscribe in the box provided. If you wish to alter your registered email address please unsubscribe your old address and then re-subscribe using your new one.
If necessary you can contact us directly at
Financial Sanctions Unit
Central Bank of Ireland
Telephone: +353 1 224 5214
Fax: +353 1 478 9940