Amendments Processing for Retail Credit Firms and Home Reversion Firms  

There are ongoing requirements in relation to Retail Credit Firms and Home Reversion Firms that fall outside the scope of previous sections. This section highlights some of these requirements and how they are dealt with. The following list is not exhaustive and is intended to serve as a guide. If any Retail Credit Firm or Home Reversion Firm is unclear of its obligations they should contact the Central Bank. Contact details are available in Contact Us section.

Change of Director/Manager

Any change of director/manager should be notified to the Central Bank. This includes both proposed appointments and resignations. All proposed appointees are subject to the ‘Fitness & Probity’ regime as outlined in the Supervision Process

Change in Qualifying Holding

There are certain restrictions on acquiring and disposing of qualifying holdings in life insurance companies.  There is an obligation to provide information on the acquisition or disposal of a holding that exceeds prescribed percentage levels. The Central Bank may oppose a change in holding if it is not satisfied with the Fitness & Probity of the person/institution proposing to acquire a holding. 

Change of Company name

Where a company has changed its company name, it should notify the Central Bank immediately, providing a certified copy of the changed name Certificate from the Companies Registration Office

Application for extension of authorisation

Any retail credit firm or home reversion firm seeking to extend its authorisation must first notify the Central Bank. Following such notification the Central Bank will outline the procedure to progress the application. The timing of such applications should be discussed with the Central Bank prior to their formal submission. 

Change of Address

Any change of address by a retail credit firm or home reversion firm should be notified in advance to the Central Bank. This will allow us to update our records and systems on a timely basis. 

Other changes

If there is uncertainty regarding whether a change constitutes a material change for supervisory purposes you should contact the Central Bank directly.